Jimmy Choo’s to Chocolate shoes?! These fancy treats were on display at the Chocolate 201: Smackdown! Old World vs New World workshop. Although fully edible, they are good for 10 years and also make great display pieces.
The event was held at XOXOLAT in Kitsilano, Vancouver and led by local Well-Tempered Chocolatier, Eagranie Yuh. Beginners and experts are welcome but you do need to reserve your spot as classes do fill up quickly. Not surprising, as who wouldn’t want to indulge in chocolate for almost an entire hour.
When you arrive, you are greeted with a cup of ”sipping chocolate”, pretty much liquid chocolate. Yum! As you sip, you learn how chocolate is made, sample featured brands of specialty chocolates and the history of the companies that make them.
During this particular workshop we sampled:
- Theo Chocolate cocoa nibs
- Madecasse 75% (to demonstrate how to taste chocolate)
- Bonnat Hacienda El Rosario 75% (website is in French only)
- Valrhona Guanaja 70% (warning! Flash and autoplay music)
- Pralus Venezuela 75%
- Patric Chocolate Ri Caribe Superior 70%
- Amano Ocumare 70%
- Domori Rio Caribe 70%
2391 Burrard St